Please contact Janet at 6011 5569 if you have any queries on this course.
Have you ever wanted to pick up Korean so you can enjoy watching your favourite Korean variety shows and dramas? Come join us and learn the Korean alphabet! Acquire the basic fundamentals of this language and learn to introduce yourselves in Korean - this will definitely be a conversation starter at your next family or friend gathering. Come join us and connect with like-minded individuals to learn and practise Korean together!
12 hours over 8 sessions
Interesting highlights of the programme include:
1. Introduction to Hangeul, the Korean Alphabet
2. Learn about the features of Hangeul, 6 vowels(ㅏ,ㅓ,ㅗ,ㅜ,ㅡ,ㅢ) and 10 consonants (ㄱ,ㄴ,ㄷ,ㄹ,ㅁ,ㅂ,ㅅ,ㅈ,ㅎ)
3. Learn four more 4 vowels(ㅑ,ㅕ,ㅛ,ㅠ) and 4 more consonants (ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅍ,ㅊ)
4. Learn four more 4 vowels(ㅔ,ㅐ,ㅖ,ㅒ) and 4 more consonants (ㄲ,ㄸ,ㅃ,ㅆ,ㅉ)
5. Learn about vowels(ㅘ, ㅝ,ㅟ,ㅙ,ㅞ,ㅚ) and syllable-final consonants (batchim)
6. Learn more about batchim and basic pronunciation rules.
7. Common Expressions
8. Greeting Etiquette in Korea
Sessions 7 and 8:
9. Introducing oneself in an informal setting: (Occupation, Nationality)
*Please note the above is a rough guide of our sessions and classes may be adjusted accordingly to suit learning speeds
50 years old and above
Singaporean or PR
Must be able to read, understand and converse in simple English
Medium of Instruction: Online Zoom Course
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Requires usage of video conferencing applications
The zoom link will be sent to you upon registration and payment
Park Jung Min is a veteran Korean teacher who has taught in a wide variety of educational settings including St. Joseph’s Institution, Ezsam Korea Centre and the Korean International School. Additionally, she is passionate about sharing both the Korean language and culture with local Singaporean learners. Trainer Park also develops materials that cover all language skills- listening, speaking, reading and writing, and has much experience training students to sit for the TOPIK examination which assesses Korean Language Proficiency. She currently holds a Master of Arts in Global Korean studies and Bachelor of Arts in Korean Language and Culture.
|Course Fee Payable|
|Original Fee||Before GST||With GST|
|Individual Pricing (Fee payable to Training Provider)||Before GST||With GST|
|NSA Subsidy - Online Courses||$15.00||$39.00|